This version dated 18 may 2018
2. REBALANCE MASSAGE is committed to complying with the
governing how businesses must control the way they collect and use personal information. The regulations are designed to protect and safeguard your privacy when you deal with service providers.
Collection of information
4. Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties may be considered private or personal. For example these may include your address, email address, IP address, phone number, date of birth, medical history and any medications which you take. Without these details we would not be able to provide our services to you.
5. REBALANCE MASSAGE will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for the delivery of one of our functions e.g. the planning and delivery of treatments, or keeping in touch about your appointments.
6. REBALANCE MASSAGE collects personal information from people under the following situations:
a) If you contact REBALANCE MASSAGE , we may keep a record of that correspondence.
b) When you enter your contact details via our website, on our appointment
scheduling service, or via on social media platforms.
c) Information collected at your first appointment when you complete a
Confidential Health Questionnaire.
d) Information you provide verbally at appointments when we discuss your health
and well-being. Relevant details are recorded (in brief) on your clinic records.
7. At or before the time personal information is collected by us we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the purpose of personal information collection and any arrangements in place with 3rd party organisations that REBALANCE MASSAGE shares the information collected about you.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a set of UK regulations in force from the end May 2018 lawfully permitted to gain access to the information held about you. We will also discuss the consequences if you decide not to supply all or part of the personal information requested by REBALANCE MASSAGE.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
9. We only use personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (e.g. provision of our services, including administration, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping, accessing archived records to delete them once the statutory storage period expires, and technical maintenance). We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where it would reasonably be expected by you that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
10. In addition, we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
Where you have consented to the use or disclosure
Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen
or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the
public's health or safety
Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may
be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation
or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities
Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for
example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or
Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably
necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Links and ‘Cookies’
11. Our web site contains links to other web sites and these third-party organisations may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site. REBALANCE MASSAGE encourages users to be aware when they are leaving the REBALANCE MASSAGE site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
12. Not with-standing the above, REBALANCE MASSAGE has taken reasonable steps to satisfy itself that all the third party contractors used by REBALANCE MASSAGE
comply with the GDPR in the way they gather, store, processes and use personal data.
13.When you visit the REBALANCE MASSAGE website to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. The systems we use may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our website. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our website.
Security and storage
14.REBALANCE MASSAGE places significant importance on the security of all information associated with its clients. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
15.REBALANCE MASSAGE retains the information you provide to us including your contact details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for insurance, legal and accounting purposes.
16.It is the responsibility of REBALANCE MASSAGE to ensure all stored information is accurate, therefore please notify us if any of your personal information, including contact details or health conditions change during the time you are an active client with us.
17.Please note that all paper versions of client records (e.g. Confidential Health Questionnaire) are personally and immediately transferred by REBALANCE MASSAGE to secure locked filing cabinet.
18.Any member of the public has a right under the GDPR to request to access or edit the personal information held about them. Providing your request is in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), then REBALANCE MASSAGE will give you access to that information in a timely manner. No charge will be made unless you request specialist courier services to transfer the information to you e.g. Royal Mail Recorded Delivery, these costs will be charged as they are incurred. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information we hold relates solely to you.
19.In the event that you request that personal information about you is edited or
amended, this will be acted on by REBALANCE MASSAGE only if the information previously held was incomplete or inaccurate. Information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you.
20.REBALANCE MASSAGE holds Professional Liability and Malpractice Insurance through THE FEDERATION OF HOLISTIC THERAPISTS specialist insurance brokers who are a member of the Zurich Insurance plc group. A condition of this insurance is that client records should be kept for a minimum of seven years from the date of the last treatment.
21.REBALANCE MASSAGE is a member of The Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) The FHT requires its members to retain client records for eight years from the date of the client’s last visit for services.
22.The ‘eight years’ requirement is in line with those that cover general NHS hospital records and other forms of health records. The reason for this is to make sure that clients can have access to their recent health records in the event they wish to look in to their health history. N.B. CNHC do however state that in most cases the statute of limitation that applies for late discovered situations leading to an allegation of negligence is between 3 and 6 years from the date of discovering a problem.
23.Accordingly, to comply with requirements of its insurers and the FHT, REBALANCE MASSAGE retains personal information for a period of 8 years from the date of a client’s last treatment.
Complaints and data breaches
25.We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure, then you may request that an independent person (usually the Information Commissioner's Office) investigate your complaint.
28.Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we recommend that you visit the Information Commissioner's Office at https://ico.org.uk/.
29.Clients who enter into service with REBALANCE MASSAGE by making a booking and attending for treatments will be requested to sign an abbreviated version of this Policy Policy to indicate their understanding and acceptance of its contents.
Helen Wright Rebalance Massage
Date : 18 May 2018